Patient Participation Group (PPG)
The Swan Surgery Patient Participation Group was formed in 2008 and had its first meeting on the 12th May 2008. The group was formed by patients registered at the Swan Surgery, and works voluntarily to provide a two-way communication between patients and staff and also supports the practice in improving the service provided to patients. We aim to represent patient views and provide the means for patients to make positive constructive suggestions about the practice.
The PPG group consists of registered patients, Practice Manager and a GP. The group meet to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns usually every six to eight weeks in the evening at the surgery.
The aim of our PPG is to provide the following:
- Provide an opportunity for patients to make positive and constructive suggestions/ideas about the practice
- Work positively to help identify any problems and engage with the practice to seek solutions.
- Liaise with the practice to provide practical support and to help patients take more responsibility for their own health.
- Help the practice to deliver change.
- Support the practice in its aim for excellence.
In our aim to educate patients and develop self-help the PPG arrange health and awareness events every three to four months during the year, and to date we have covered;
- Men’s health
- Women’s health
- Carers support
- Child/baby health
- Stroke awareness
- Heart health
- Asthma, eczema and Hayfever
We are always looking to expand our PPG so if you would like to become a member please contact the surgery for more information or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or if you would like to contact the PPG please email: email@example.com
Patient Reference Group
We also have a Patient Reference Group (PRG) who we contact from time to time, usually by email but we can also contact you via post if necesary.
If you would like to join our PRG please contact the surgery for more information or send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org