We are delighted and very proud to announce that following a recent inspection of Swan Medical Group, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) have awarded us with ‘OUTSTANDING’ which is the highest possible rating for the services we provide.
Inspectors rated the care at the surgery Outstanding for being effective, responsive to people’s needs and well-led.
Janet Ortega, Head of Inspection for General Practice, said;
“Swan Medical Group is an excellent example of what outstanding care looks like. The practice was at the heart of primary care in the community. Their motto of ‘caring for you by knowing you’ was demonstrated throughout all aspects of care by staff to their patients.
“The practice had a strong focus on innovation and developing new ways to provide quality care to their patients and this was evident in the positive feedback the service received. The team at Swan Medical Group should be very proud of what they have achieved to date.”
Key findings from the inspection include;
- The practice supported community services, including the hospital, a local school and psychiatric wards.
- The practice valued their staff and their wellbeing. Clear structures were also in place for effective management.
- The practice had plans in place to reach long term goals to provide integrated care to patients at the highest level.
- The appointment system was easy to use, and people could access care when they needed it. Patients were triaged on the day by their own GP and there was no wait for an appointment.
- Patients were positive about the care received which was reflected by the ‘Caring for you by knowing you motto’ which staff demonstrated.
The Partners would like to thank our ‘Outstanding team at SMG’ and patients for their contribution towards this amazing achievement.
A special mention must go to our Patient Participation Group whose continued support enabled us to secure this wonderful result.
The full inspection report can be found at https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-551768873